This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edgy to Feisty - A Breezy upgrade

After all the annoyances which can be read at http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3084553.0, I got a system working normally.
    The upgrade to Feisty was incredibly smooth this time. Now I understand why people were in a hurry to release Feisty: Edgy is a piece of broken software. I don't know (and don't care) how it behaves when installed from scratch, but since the advertisement is that you can "seemlessly" upgrade from Dapper, why would one install from scratch?
    Right now Feisty looks very solid, very responsive and mature. No aditional "apt-get dist-upgrade" at the end of the installation, just reboot and use.
    There is one strange behaviour that I want to mention: the package "nvidia-glx" was installed in my system and, thus, was updated. But in order for it to work, one needs "linux-restricted-modules" for the apropriate kernel, which is in restricted repositories. Since it makes no sense to install something which depends on a package from a restricted repo, both could be restricted. (X)(X)Ubuntu installs with the default "nv" driver and, if the user wants, he installs the proprietary packages.
    Other than that, all is fine.
Working...
X