This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox Java Plugin

Some weeks ago I requested help with the Firefox browser: one of the Web sites that I visited had a pop-up page that covered up the main page and followed me when I scrolled up and down the page. Someone suggested that I install some Java plugin to overcome it, and it worked. However, the resulting problem that I now encounter is worse that the original problem: most of the web sites that I visit will now not operate properly until I select Options and tell it to allow said web site to allow it to do its thing, either permanently or temporarily.

I have subsequently upgraded from v.1.5.0.12 to v2.0.0.4 and this plugin is still installed. How do I un-install it? I can't remember the name of the plugin. Any help?

Thanks.

Re: Firefox Java Plugin

Additional information:

The following message appears at the bottom of the screen when I hit a website that Firefox doesn't like:
    Scripts Partially Allowed:[<SCRIPT>:50] [<OBJECT> (Java, Flash, Plugin): 1]
    or a similar message. But it's always "Scripts Partially Allowed".

Do I click on the "Options" button and select "Allow scripts Globally (Dangerous)"? Or what? Before I installed this plugin was I allowing scripts to run globally?

Comment

Re: Firefox Java Plugin

That's the Firefox noscript plugin. And yes before you installed it you were allowing scripts to execute globally.
      David<br />Chandler, AZ<br /><br />Kubuntu 7.10

Comment

Working...
      X