X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wavpack for xmms

Hi,

Because I have a lot of compressed wav-files (.wv) I need a wavpack decoder for xmms.
    I have been searching in the repositories unsuccesfully, and an older libwavpack.so from my previous os does not work with Dapper Drake.
    And although there is a wavpack program, I cannot get it to work with xmms.
    I'm running the 64-bit version on an Intel D935.
    If you have a solution for this little problem, you will deserve my eternal gratitude!

Kind regards,

Sjonnie48

Re: wavpack for xmms

add the rarewares debian repo to your sources.list and install it from there. or just download it from the repo...
    it requires libwavpack0 too btw, it can be found here: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...ntu2_amd64.deb

if i could be so bold, i'd recommend converting your wavpack collection to a different format. i'd recommend ogg vorbis for lossy (throws away quality [altho intelligently] like mp3 but better) & flac for lossless (doesn't throw away any quality). the reason i recommend doing this is that wavpack isn't used by many so its support is lacking, its just not very popular. i also don't believe its open source. ogg & flac have much greater support and ARE open source.
    <br />

Comment

Working...
    X