This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cliche question about Firefox

Found like 4 items on it, 10 websites but still don't have a clue how to install it.

Tried several codes in the konsole which I found in the internet throught google, didn't work.

I download firefox 2.0.0.3.tar.gz and extracted it to a folder named firefox on my desktop. But what then?

Another question (maybe to windows minded) but where can I see what my c: drive is or what the dir's are where I want to place firefox. After 5 hours trying and roaming around in Kubuntu I still feel misserably lost.

Anybody?

Re: Cliche question about Firefox

Linux has a superior installation system that works a little different from Windows.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/kubuntu...lications.html

Please reply if you still have questions.

Comment

You could also try:
      http://doc.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/add-applications/C/

It is (Kubuntu Feisty 7.04) documentation that is currently being developed, however, the section on installing software is superior in detail than the stable Edgy 6.10 documentation (above post).

Comment

Thanks guys,

I followed the first link and can install lots more now, BUT firefox is still grey and uninstallable. I 'enabled' all the lines with UNIVERSE behind it.

Which line from the prepository must I enable to install firefox then?

Comment

What version of Kubuntu are you using (i.e. Dapper 6.06 LTS, Edgy 6.10, Feisty 7.04)?

I think it has to be a repos problem. Please tell me what version of Kubuntu you are using (i.e. Dapper 6.06 LTS, Edgy 6.10, Feisty 7.04), the country you are in (so you can find the best mirror) and list the contents of the file at
          Code:
          /etc/apt/sources.list
          by doing the following.

Open Konqueror and browse to /etc/apt and click on the file sources.list, or copy the following into Konsole:
          Code:
          kate /etc/apt/sources.list
          For some reason it is likely the main repository is disabled and it will have to be enabled.

Comment

I got draper kubuntu.

I've solved the problem by enabling all of the lines in the repository. After that I could install it.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X