This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine

Where can you find the windows applications that you install in Kubuntu thru Wine?

Thanks in advance

Re: Wine

Wine is getting better and better after each release, it currently support an handful of software. The links below provides a liost and decription of software currently supported by wine

http://frankscorner.org/

http://appdb.winehq.org/browse_by_rating.php

Comment

thanks, although what i meant (and sorry i explained bad before) was were in my computer could I find the apps that i installed via wine, so I could use them

sorry for my bad explanation and thanks in advance

Comment

Sometimes, no always, you may find a wine entry in your main menu (after a logout, or saving a menu edit). Sometimes I find them in the Lost and Found if you see that menu. Often, there isn't any menu entry at all, so you have to go to your ~/.wine/drive_c folder, which basically emulates a windows directory structure. Even then, simply clicking on the exe sometimes does not work, and you may need to run it via a konsole
        ie:
        wine "c:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe"
        You can make youir own menu entries if needed, using similar commands
        If you google for wine and your app in question, you also may find some useful command switches that may help run that app better or successfully

Comment

Lately wine has been changed the way that it won't create menu entries in Kubuntu. I fixed this temporarily by modifying /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications.menu.

I added below <DefaultMergeDirs/>
          <MergeDir>applications-merged</MergeDir>

I don't know if this should be default in Kubuntu so that wine menus would work.

Comment

Working...
          X