This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Cant Change Date & Time

Well first of all this problem is kind of weird. I dont know how my system time changed, Anyway somehow it got changed now now i cant bring it to the real date & time, When i click Adjust Date & Time i get an error message Su Returned with an error

plz help me how can i solve this, bcoz of this i cant do other thing like network problem and many more, when i try to do something i got the error message sudo: timestamp too far in the future: Apr 10 08:42:59 2007 something like that

Re: I Cant Change Date & Time

There are a couple of ways out of this. Probably the easiest way is this one, from the ubuntu forums:

"""
    1. Check the timestamp sudo reports (will look something like below).
    sudo: timestamp too far in the future: Jun 17 08:17:55 2006

2. Use Adjust Date & Time to set the date/time to the sudo timestamp or later.

3. Execute the 'sudo -k' command. (Clears the timestamp).

4. Use Adjust Date & Time to set the date/time back to the correct values.
    """

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=173505&page=2

If you understand the command line, you can boot into safe mode and change the date from there.

Javier.

Comment

r/click the clock > adjust date & time
      tick adjust date & time automatically

set the required time server to the nearest to your location
      press apply and the system will auto adjust your date & time ...

added
      on the same clock menu is timezones
      check to see if it is set to local timezone ...

Comment

He is not going to be able to do that.

His problem is that the sudo timestamp is in the future. It means that the last time that he used sudo in his computer is in the future. As a security measure, the system is not going to let him use sudo before the last time he used it.

Don't know if I made it clear. Anyway, he needs to delete the timestamp before being able to change the time to something normal.

There are a couple of other ways (like restarting in safe mode), but I feel that the procedure that I give is the easier.

Javier.

Comment

Working...
        X