This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine-DVDshrink

DVDshrink will not load or reinstall under wine. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. Shrink has been installed for sometime now but not used in quite awhile. I would like to install Ripit4me but this needs dvd decrypter(which works good) and shrink which will not load or reinstall.

Hoping for suggestions.

On another note, does anyone know if K3b will burn .nrg images? It claims that they are invalid but says they might work. I have had no luck. I was hoping that there might be a setting somewhere to do the trick.

Thanks
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Re: Wine-DVDshrink

you can try simply renaming the .nrg to .iso, all a nero image is, is an iso image with some extra info. But that option may not work for dvd images.
    There is a program available in Universe called nrg2iso that is a command line app to convert these for you, basically it just removes that info for you, and does work with DVD images, apparently.

Also, i just found this:
    http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=44805
    which looks to be a possibly useful little script. And there is a Deb file as well
    You will need to install Kommander for it to run, and looks rather nice
    http://www.acetoneteam.org/faq.html

Comment

I've tried changing the file extension but it doesn't work.

Thanks for the info though, this looks promising.
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

As for your wine issues, I would suggest renaming your ~/.wine dir, and starting fresh. That may help, and if it doesn't, you can easily restore the original folder.

Have you tried k9copy, and acidrip, dvdrip? I haven't done any dvd ripping, etc before ,so can't tell how they work

Comment

I'd go with k9copy. I like it much better than dvdshrink. The newest version requires hal and dvdauthor. Both should be installed already or available in the repo.

john

Comment

Working...
          X