Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keyboard shortcut to trigger a 'furl it' action in firefox?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard shortcut to trigger a 'furl it' action in firefox?

Hi. I have discovered, to my delight, that you can assign keyboard shortcuts that will, if you are in your default browser (in my case firefox), or even if the browser isn't already open, will take you to specific urls/webpages. This is really good. I am using the win key for this purpose. However there is one very common action that I haven't worked out how to assign in this way. I use furl (www.furl.net) to save my bookmarks and pages. Furl supply a 'furl it' button, which is a long string of javascript. When you click on the 'furl it' button on the firefox bookmark bar, it brings up a pop-up window that enables you to save it to the furl server. I would like to be able to do this with a keyboard shortcut instead.

When I assign keyboard shortcuts by going to 'System Settings - Region and accessibility - Input Actions' (ie, by using KHotKeys), the option is 'url/command'. The below looks like a command to me, but when I pasted it into the space for the url/command and pressed 'apply', the key combinations didn't bring up the 'furl it' action, but rather opened a konqueror page with nothing in it. I have checked that the default browser in kde is firefox.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Will

Re: keyboard shortcut to trigger a 'furl it' action in firefox?

open a konsole and write

sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

pick the option to make FF the default system browser ...

Comment

Working...
    X