Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korganizer moves appointments (for no reason)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korganizer moves appointments (for no reason)

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to KDE 3.5.5 (big mistake) through automatix, and found my appointments kept getting lost. For some reason, whenever I close Korganizer (or Kontact), all my appointments are moved forward one week.
    I exported the calendar, then closed and opened korganizer, and used kompare to find what had changed, and for some reason, korganizer is changing all the "DTSTART" lines from the original date, to one week in the future.
    The worst part it, automatix won't allow me to downgrade KDE, so I may do a full reinstall.
    Any suggestions?

Re: Korganizer moves appointments (for no reason)

Hmm, no idea why that would happen.

But you should be able to revert. Try getting rid of automatix, and any repos it's added to /etc/sources.list, then uninstall kde using adept or similar, then purge your package cache, then reinstall kde.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: Korganizer moves appointments (for no reason)

have a look at
      mozilla sunbird calendar

link to sunbird
      http://tinyurl.com/yudb5

i don't get any problems with that
      and it seems to work better then Korganiser ...

Comment

Working...
      X