This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost left window pane in konqueror when browsing files

At some point I lost my left window pane when I browse for files in Konqueror. I can make another window, but it doesn't react the same way I want it to (I can make a duplicate window...)

I'm opening this whole thing by going to my system menu on the toolbar, then selecting the Home folder.

If I recall correctly, the left pane was like a folder list, the right was the contents of the folder that was actually selected on the left. This is what I want (um... like Windows Explorer... sorry!) How do I get it back?

I haven't been able to come up with a good enough search query on here or Google to get an answer to this specific problem.

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ / A7N8X-VM / 256MB DDR / ATI Radeon

Re: lost left window pane in konqueror when browsing files

hit F9

Comment

That gives me the navigation panel. I can click on the little teeny buttons in there, but no new window/tab/pane pops up.

Using a split view with tree view almost gives me what I need.. but the right window isn't updated based on what I click on the left window.
      Attached Files
      AMD Athlon XP 2600+ / A7N8X-VM / 256MB DDR / ATI Radeon

Comment

What you seem to be referring to is a twin-panel file manager feature. You can emulate this behavior in Konqueror, but it will only go so far. You might be interested in a dedicated twin-panel file manager called Krusader. You can install it from Adept.

You didn't really lose anything. The feature you seem to be referring to isn't built-in in the first place.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
        X