This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple images -> pdf

Is there any pdf software package that easily creates a pdf out of just images? I only have kpdf installed, and it's just a viewer.

Ideally I would like to know if there is pdf software closer to Adobe's Acrobat Professional... I am looking for more options to insert, extract, rotate pages, etc. but probably don't need ALL of the little features that Acrobat has.

The main concern though is I need something to easily create pdfs from images. Something as simple as "make a pdf out of the images in this directory, in order of filename."

I've read up on *nix pdf software and am under the impression no such thing exists. Workarounds include individually inserting pics into an open office doc (which is time consuming and painful), or I could probably find some workaround with LaTeX.

Any ideas?

(And now that I'm under the impression no such easy solution exists, I'm tempted to figure out the pdf api and make a little utility myself... do you know of the best sources for figuring this out?)

TIA

Kat
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ / A7N8X-VM / 256MB DDR / ATI Radeon

Re: simple images -> pdf

ImageMagick: www.imagemagick.org is your friend here. Converting one image to pdf is done by
    Code:
    convert input output.pdf
    , converting several will be more involved but should be doable, maybe with a little bash scripting as well.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: simple images -> pdf

Ah... but from what I understand, 30 jpgs will give me 30 pdfs... not 1 pdf with 30 pages (which is what I want).
      AMD Athlon XP 2600+ / A7N8X-VM / 256MB DDR / ATI Radeon

Comment

Working...
      X