This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE session stuck reloading same session

KDE has been loading the same session no matter how I shutdown, or log-out. Every single time I log in the same apps keep coming in the same state they were in weeks ago, and every time I have to go around killing them off. How do I get KDE to go back to storing my current session, instead of reloading this ancient setting? Another thing, it's a laptop and before the laptop would hibernate but not suspend, now the opposite is true (It won't hibernate, but it WILL suspend). Is it possible it's a hibernate state that is sitting somewhere with bad perms? Or maybe just a kde-session state with bad perms?

Re: KDE session stuck reloading same session

Originally posted by thoth
    How do I get KDE to go back to storing my current session
    There you go (figuring ...): [Alt][F2] kcmshell kcmsmserver

Comment

Actually, System Settings -> KDE Components -> Session Manager (on Dapper).

Or System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Session Manager (Edgy and Feisty).
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
        Actually ...
        Why go the official (loop) way if there is a shortcut :P

Comment

Just being a sadist

That and it's for the info of those GUI-type folks who like to do things clickity click.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
            Just being a sadist
            I'm relieved to hear that

Comment

hmm, ya it's nice to see the shortcut cuz i hate mousing around. But still does anyone know where the session data is saved? I can start with a blank session, or start manually saving, but I still cannot get kontrollerlab popping up with a project from a month ago every time I use the auto option. Sure would be nice if I could just 'rm ~/.kde/session1' or something similar.

EDIT: Okay so I got to thinking and grep'ing around, came to ~/.kde/share/config/session And I might have found what I was looking for.

EDIT2: Hmm, so things are still working quite bad. I deleted some things in that fodler, and all of a sudden I lost the speaker volumer adjuster in the system tray, and it ignores my changes to volume now and sets to nearly mute every boot. KontrollerLab just decides to pop up every now and then with no consistency, and I was getting freezes and then I shut it off altogether starting with a blank session. My volumes still gets set to something I don't want, but the freezing is gone. I have been using KDE across a couple different platforms now (gentoo, and debian straight mainly before kubuntu, and on multiple different hardware [ppc, amd64, and now this x86 laptop), and it has always been problematic. Is this just me? I would really like to use the session states but perhaps I am asking too much of it (too many apps? [just usually firefox, kmail, and some terminals])

Comment

Working...
              X