X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Konqueror to remember passwords...

Hi,

I recently switched to Kubuntu from Mepis. I like it so far - plugin USB support, etc, everything seems to work :-)))
    One point however: Konqueror used to remember all my passwords, including FTP/Fish etc. I know it used kwalletmanager for this. I installed kwalletmanager, but it does not remember any passwords (including SMB, witch is really annoing)...
    Does anyone know what you need to do to acually _use_ kwalletmanager?

greetings,

Paul

Re: Get Konqueror to remember passwords...

The kde wallet subsystem is installed, whether kwalletmanager (the GUI to control wallets) is installed or not. Does a dialog box appear, asking you whether you want to save passwords, when you login somewhere?

You can check that you're actually using the KDE Wallet subsystem by running kwalletmanager and going to Settings -> Configure Wallet.

Hope that helps.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
      The kde wallet subsystem is installed, whether kwalletmanager (the GUI to control wallets) is installed or not. Does a dialog box appear, asking you whether you want to save passwords, when you login somewhere?
      This works only for forms on the web, not for other passwords (ftp, smb ect)
      Originally posted by Jucato
      You can check that you're actually using the KDE Wallet subsystem by running kwalletmanager and going to Settings -> Configure Wallet.
      Well, it is running, but it functions only half...

More idea's?

Comment

From my post here, I dug a little more, and ended up here, which led me further to this place, which describes how to do this, as it is not enabled by default

I am trying this out for myself to see if it works

Comment

Originally posted by profke
          This works only for forms on the web, not for other passwords (ftp, smb ect)
          Not true; remembers my sftp passwords fine.
          I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
          X