This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel 82865G Graphics Driver/Updating Kubuntu

Ok, I have an Intel 82865G motherboard with onboard video, and I need a driver to get this to work properly, because I need the Direct Rendering. Could someone give me a precompiled version for kubuntu please? I don't care if I have to update my kubuntu to get it either, in fact i want to update, just don't know how, so instructions on that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

Re: Intel 82865G Graphics Driver/Updating Kubuntu

Hi,

Usually intel video card are recognized immediatly, I have a 915GM and it was working out of the box as far as I can remember...
    You should check what driver you're using maybe ? In /etc/X11/xorg.conf, you will find a section with Device and look on the line Driver to see if it's ok, if yes, so you should be able to check if direct rendering is ok by this command :
    glxinfo | grep render

If you want to upgrade, so just edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list and replace occurences dapper by edgy, then from a konsole, type :
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Cheers

Comment

Re: Intel 82865G Graphics Driver/Updating Kubuntu

That uses the i810 driver, should be detected automatically with 6.10 edgy, not sure how it works with dapper but I suspect it works ok. The coming 7.10 release will have updated drivers for Intel graphics.

Comment

Working...
      X