This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any one please

I am a bit new to Kubuntu and Linux ..... I want to know how to install new themes... is a bit easy on ubuntu.... and also I want to three partitions and all appear on my desktop I want and I home want my home partition to appear on my desktop... how do I remove them from my desktop? please help

Re: Can any one please

Originally posted by zaazu48
    I want to know how to install new themes
    That depends on which themes you're trying to install. There are window decorations, widget styles, color themes, icon themes etc. You could check out kde-look.org (often the download section includes a 'how to install' link)

Some themes like icon, mouse pointer, and icon themes are just tar.gz packages that you can install in the proper systemsettings module, like 'mouse' for mouse pointer themes. Other themes like widget styles and window decorations may need proper installation through a deb package (some themes are also available from the repositories), or compiling from source (which I don't recommend if you're very new to linux)

and also I want to three partitions and all appear on my desktop I want and I home want my home partition to appear on my desktop... how do I remove them from my desktop?
    I don't quite follow you, you want them shown or not? :P

If you wish to remove device icons from your desktop, try right-clicking on the desktop and choose ConfigureDesktop>Behaviour>DeviceIcons and edit the settings (or disable device icons altogether)

Comment

Working...
    X