X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to find Hylafax-Server Package

Hi there;
    I known that this subject has been discussed in the past, but here is my problem. I am using Kubuntu 6.06. I am aware of adding the additional respositories to my /etc/apt/sources.list file, and have done so. Even after doing that, Hylafax-Server package still doesn't show up. I've searched through many past postings and seen where people have had the same problem, then were told to "uncomment" the additional respositories in their sources.list file. I read further on where most of them say doing that worked. However I cannot get it to work. I've tried it on two different Kubuntu 6.06 machines running, and the same result. I have checked on the actual respository sites, and the hylafax packages are in the "Universe" respository. Anyone know what I'm missing or why I cannot get any of my Kubuntu machines to see the hylafax pacakges?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

Re: Unable to find Hylafax-Server Package

Just to make sure: after changing the list of available repositories, but prior to any installation (in particular from one of the "new" sources), you have to update your system's knowledge of available packages ... sudo apt-get update

Comment

Re: Unable to find Hylafax-Server Package

Yup, it's there for me alright. So the above is the most likely explanation.
      Another is if you didn't get editing your sources.list right.
      And another (albeit a VERY long shot), is you're using a repo mirror that's broken.
      I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
      X