This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating network diagrams

I am running Dapper Drake and would like to be able to create computer network diagrams (a la visio). I have tried unsucessfully to install both kivio by package and dia by source. What are other people using?

PM

Re: creating network diagrams

http://live.gnome.org/Dia

Comment

Yes, I said I tried to install Dia. I couldn't get rid of the compiliation errors (gmodules and gobject not found?).

Comment

Originally posted by mr_scary
        I said I tried to install Dia
        Ooops, sorry; of course, you're right ... however, here is how Dia's installation works (at least on my virtual system, hosting Kubuntu 07.04 beta 3 at present):

With Synaptic, just select "dia" for installation and nod through the packages required because of dependencies unment in a KDE environment (- Dia is a Gtk app, after all ...).

Without synaptic, the following command is supposed to lead to the same results:

Code:
        sudo apt-get install dia dia-common dia-libs python-cairo python-gobject python-gtk2 python-numeric
        There should, however, be no need to compile this stuff from source; for the sake of completeness: the debian package mentioned on the web site is useless to Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
        X