This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete

'm new to kubuntu but not ubuntu ( been using it for awhile now) but thought i'd give KDE a try. Problem? I just did the install from Ubuntu so my kopete is messed up and i'm trying to install the newer one but no luck. This is the error I get :

pinksphere@pinksphere-laptop:~/Desktop$ cd kopete-0.12.2
    pinksphere@pinksphere-laptop:~/Desktop/kopete-0.12.2$ ./configure
    checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
    checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
    checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
    checking for -p flag to install... yes
    checking whether build environment is sane... yes
    checking for gawk... no
    checking for mawk... mawk
    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
    checking for kde-config... /usr/bin/kde-config
    checking where to install... /usr (as returned by kde-config)
    checking for style of include used by make... none
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cl.exe... no
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    See `config.log' for more details.
    pinksphere@pinksphere-laptop:~/Desktop/kopete-0.12.2$ /make install
    bash: /make: No such file or directory

Re: Kopete

Originally posted by literatka
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    You need to install the basic compiling tools to compile, you can get them by installing the 'build-essential' package.

Also, to compile kopete, you probably need to install the development libraries for kde. Install 'kdelibs4-dev' and it's dependencies.

That said, rather than compiling, you might wish to try fixing your existing kopete first, what kind of problems are you having and how is it 'messed up'?

Comment

Re: Kopete

The new version of kopete is in the backports repo. Enable said repo by adding the following lines to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://your.repo.mirror/ubuntu dapper-backports main restricted universe multiverse
      deb-src http://your.repo.mirror/ubuntu dapper-backports main restricted universe multiverse

Substitute for "your.repo.mirror" the url for the mirror you use (just put the same as is in the other lines) - usually the one for your country though you may have changed to a third party one.
      I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
      X