This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VNC in Kubuntu

I have a computer that I have installed Kubuntu on and this one with Ubuntu. For some reason VNC which worked well when I have Ubuntu on that machine doesn't work well in Kubuntu. I really like the interface in my new os but I am having trouble actually using it. I send invitations to this computer that never seem to get emailed and when they do 90% of the time I get the connection timed out. Also I have to go to the other machine to click accept connection.
    1.How do I disable that feature so I can connect without having to be at that machine?
    2.Where can I find more information about that type of VNC . . . the type Kubuntu uses?

Re: VNC in Kubuntu

In the kmenu under internet select Krfb (Desktop Sharing), and then click the configure button at the bottom of that window, select "Allow uninvited connections" and "Allow uninvited connections to control the desktop" and make sure "Confirm uninvited connections" is not selected.

Say ok and you should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by firephoto
      In the kmenu under internet select Krfb (Desktop Sharing), and then click the configure button at the bottom of that window, select "Allow uninvited connections" and "Allow uninvited connections to control the desktop" and make sure "Confirm uninvited connections" is not selected.

Say ok and you should be good to go.
      I am still having trouble connecting. Should I install a different vnc viewer in Ubuntu? However, I am writing this from my xp laptop to my Ubuntu desktop but I cannot access my Kubuntu machine from either. tm

Comment

You should be able to connect to the ip address with something like:

192.168.1.2:0

Between kubuntu systems I use:

vnc://hostname.local:5900

I hope this helps, I just tried from vnc viewer on winxp and it seemed to work ok connecting to kubuntu, it didn't like the color setting at first but then it worked ok.\

Comment

Working...
        X