This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with sshfs

I'm having a lot of trouble implementing fuse with ssh. I have installed everything alright, i was able to first connect remotely with ssh, and then i added fuse to mount my server's directories on my laptop. I am facing two problems though. Please help me out if you can.

First problem was that I Could Not use the scp command to copy files across. It was showing tha % counter going from 0 to 100% but the file was never transfered in either direction. At least i couldn't see it anywhere.

Second problem, using fuse and mounting the filesystem, it doesn't let me do anything with it. I am able to mount it as it seems, but i can't even cd into the directory to work with the files. It won't even show in konqueror. I have created a mountpoint (remotefs) and placed it in my ownership, and mounted the reomte directories in there. ls doesn't work either, unless i use sudo.

sudo ls -l brings me this output for the mountpoint.
    ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? remotefs

If i unmount the directory (sudo fusermount -u remotefs/) and hit ls -l in home, i get normal permission settings for remotefs.
    drwxr-xr-x 2 myname mygroup 4096 2006-10-02 01:36 remotefs

Can someone PLEASE help me out on this one? It is urgent, and thank you very much.

Re: problems with sshfs

problem solved guys. I won't even mention how cause it's embarrasing.

my bad.

Comment

Re: problems with sshfs

this is interesting. I wish you would actually explain what you did/forgot to do. I've never used fuse so it would be a learning experience for me!

Thanks you.
      --<br />wishing you well

Comment

Working...
      X