X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI CB54G wireless lan card problem

Hello all
    I have a MSI CB54G wireless lan card which uses the Ralink RT2500 chipset.
    I have tried to make it work on Kubuntu 6.06.1 but there is no hope for me it seams.
    I have tried several things.
    First I have seen that there is an out of the box driver on Kubuntu for the rt2500 chipset. When I have inserted the PCMCI card it regocnized the new hardware and I have configured it without any problem. But when I wanted to enable it the system just freezed.
    Then after that I have donwloaded the newest Linux driver from http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Downloads and have made the rt2500.ko module and have installed it, but the same problem happened again, when I have configured the card and tried to enable it the system freezed.
    Then on the end I have downloaded the newest ndiswrapper, compied it and installed it and have installed the drivers from Widow$ XP, bu I had no luck. The system freezes again.

I have thought that it has some issues with ACPI so I have disabled ACPI but the problem was still there.

Does anybody have a clue what to do ? How to make it work ?

Re: MSI CB54G wireless lan card problem

OK
    Since noone has any idea how to fix this, or have not had any problems like this
    Where can I post this matter to the people who works on drivers for Kubuntu ?
    Does anybody knows that ?

Comment

Hi,

As I meet the same problem, the best way is to send it to Kubuntu developer. I'm still looking for any issue for fixing it and I will let you know.

Keep the faith while waiting,

Comment

Thanks mate
        I will be waiting for your answer
        I would do it myself till now but I'm too tied up with the job and the wife

Comment

Working...
        X