X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to windows machine

Hi

I am trying to connnect my Kubuntu machine with a Win XP machine on my local network. I want to read and write to the window machine's hard disk.

So far i have only been able to ping the windows machine. What do I need to do? From Network Folders in Konqueror, I open Network Services, and I am told that the Zeroconf daemon is not running.

When I try Samba Share, I am told that it is not poosible to find any work groups in the network.

-bkv

Re: Connecting to windows machine

You have Samba installed? And when you say Samba Share, what program are you using? The easiest way, after Samba is installed, is to run:
    Code:
    sudo kcontrol
    . From there, select Internet/Samba and set up your shares. Make sure that you use the same workgroup name for both Windows and Linux, of course.

Comment

Re: Connecting to windows machine

Originally posted by randcoop
      You have Samba installed?  And when you say Samba Share, what program are you using?  The easiest way, after Samba is installed, is to run:
      Code:
      sudo kcontrol
      .  From there, select Internet/Samba and set up your shares.  Make sure that you use the same workgroup name for both Windows and Linux, of course. 
      Thanks a lot. I got it to work now.
      I find this too difficult in Kubuntu, though

Comment

Working...
      X