This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect with pppoe after install

Hi, I just installed 6.06 and can't connect to the internet.
    I can connect from the live CD normally and with the same username and pass.

I get this from plog:

Code:
    Aug 30 23:21:59 kid-a pppd[5898]: PPP session is 26012
    Aug 30 23:21:59 kid-a pppd[5898]: Using interface ppp0
    Aug 30 23:21:59 kid-a pppd[5898]: Connect: ppp0 <--> eth0
    Aug 30 23:21:59 kid-a pppd[5898]: Remote message: No encuentra servicio (service not found in incorrect spanish)
    Aug 30 23:21:59 kid-a pppd[5898]: PAP authentication failed
    Aug 30 23:21:59 kid-a pppd[5898]: Connection terminated.

Thanks.

Re: Can't connect with pppoe after install

I don't know about "plog." I remember installing the pppoe package and running "sudo pppoeconfg" from a terminal. After entering name and passwrd I answered all the questions "Yes." And that was it. Check for pppoeconf in /usr/bin/...

If you have a Debian sub-menu there is a gui "DSL/PPPoE Configuration tool in Debian> Applications>System...

I hope this info may be helpful.

Comment

Re: Can't connect with pppoe after install

Originally posted by ido
      I don't know about "plog." I remember installing the pppoe package and running "sudo pppoeconfg" from a terminal. After entering name and passwrd I answered all the questions "Yes." And that was it. Check for pppoeconf in /usr/bin/...

If you have a Debian sub-menu there is a gui "DSL/PPPoE Configuration tool in Debian> Applications>System...

I hope this info may be helpful.
      I ended up using the dsl-provider, chap-secrets, and pap-secrets generated by the installer.

I now have another problem (that also had in the live cd). dns requests seem to bee incredibly slow, anytime I try to access a web site, it takes 10 to 20 secons to show something. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X