This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Connect to new ISP

Hi there. I was happily running Kubuntu until 1) I tried to setup a dual boot with Win x64, and 2) I switched ISPs.

Basically, I've got Kubuntu up an running again, (after windows fried my MBR, I guess) but I can't connect to the internet. I don't know if this is because I switched to dual boot (I don't know why that would a problem) or switched ISPs. I'm currently connected directly to my modem on my windows boot, running fine.

My old ISP was Bell, my new ISP is rogers (based in Toronto).

Any suggestions? (I'm a mostly newbie to linux)

Re: Unable to Connect to new ISP

Hi,

What kind of modem is it ? Is it a network modem (plugged with ethernet to your computer) or usb ?
    I guess you would need to change the config of your connection in kubuntu to be able to access the new isp, no ?

Cheers

Comment

It's a cable modem plugged physically into my ethernet card (not usb). I wouldn't know how or what to do to change the connection settings.

Comment

Did you add to install new software to connect to this isp or is configured in modem ?

Comment

So I am sure I understand, you are having no problems connecting in windows correct?

If you go into a terminal window: kmenu/system/konsole and you type ifconfig paste the results here. Also if you go into kmenu/system settings/network settings and click the administrator mode button how many eth interfaces do you show and are they all enabled. Do they say each say dhcp under protocol and do any show an ip address?

Comment

Working...
          X