This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect to my router??

Ok, so I want to get into my router, but everytime that I enter my ip adress into the browser it asks for a username and password (as it should) the only thing is that I dont know these (someone else set up our network like four years ago and I forgot to ask for what they used...). I've tried the default for my router (which is the Linksys BEFW11S4)
    I also tried all these (the blank admin is the default) and none of them work.
    username password
    blank admin
    admin blank
    admin admin
    blank blank

This makes me think that the person did use a different username/password but I dont know it, so how can I get into my router.

Is there any way to reset it to the defaults?

Re: Connect to my router??

Possibly you'll need to do a hardware reset and then work to reconfigure it before its needed again? I can't think of any other way. Do you have a record of the other settings previously made to allow your office internet services go through that box?

Actually have you tried the combination of...
    admin and password?

Comment

Re: Connect to my router??

hey. i had the same thing happen to me with my linksys. unplug all the cables from the back (power and data) and let it sit for 5 minutes. everything should restore itself back to the default which should be "admin" and "admin". then you can assign a new name/password. hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X