Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I stop my WPA wireless disconnecting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I stop my WPA wireless disconnecting?

Does anyone out there know how to stop my wireless connection from disconnecting?

I am using the following:
    Laptop with Intel 2200 chipset
    wpa_supplicant
    KNetworkManager
    DHCP IP from wireless router

I do not have any problems connecting after I've logged in, KNetworkManager fires up my KWallet and grabs the WPA-PSK and connects me within 30 seconds. After running with wireless for a while the connection drops out. I do not have any problems reconnecting through KNetworkManager when it drops out but it is a little annoying.

I remember from my Windows days that the 2200 chipset had a number of settings for power management, i.e. when not in use power down, etc. Does anyone know of a way of checking the config under Kubuntu?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    "Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up."  James Magary

Re: How can I stop my WPA wireless disconnecting?

I think I've fixed this, so I'll post my fix in case it's useful for anyone else.

The Fix:.......... The Fix:.......... The Fix:.......... The Fix:.......... The Fix:.......... The Fix:.......... The Fix:..........
    The laptop I use has an Ethernet LAN and Wireless card built in.
    I disabled the Ethernet card in the BIOS and the wireless no longer disconnects!!!

At first I thought that disabling the Ethernet LAN in the Network Manager was enough, until I discovered that the Ethernet LAN was re-enabled on every reboot, hence disabling it in the BIOS.

I hope this helps.
    "Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up."  James Magary

Comment

Working...
    X