This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNetworkManager does not save access info

I installed KNetworkmanager and it runs pretty well, WEP and WPA. The only annoyance is that I have to type in my passphrases/keys every time I connect to an access point. I am using ndiwsrapper for a Broadcom based Truemobile 1300 from Dell. Kernel is 2.6.16.14
    Any ideas?
    _Hans

Re: KNetworkManager does not save access info

Hello,

you could try editing your /etc/network/config file / save / reboot...........

Will

Comment

@warbuckle: the file in question is interfaces

to answer my own question: because this is a handknit system :-) I was missing kwalletmanager which nicely takes care of knetworkmanager's passwords.

the only thing which I dont like is the very long timeout during booting during the stage: Configuring network devices...

...and so I just chmod -x'd /etc/init.d/networking... very efficient :-)

Comment

By using Kwallet, we don't have to retype the passphrase everytime we connect the wireless. However in each boot Kwallet asking for password. This is quite annoying. Does anybody have the solution?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, just configure kwallet with a blank password.
          Mark<br />Kubuntu 8.04 on IBM X41T/ Pentium M LV 1.5 GHz/1GB DDR2/60GB HDD/Dual-boot with Windows XP Tablet Edition<br />Kubuntu 6.06 on Shuttle SD11G5 mini-server/ Pentium M 2 GHz/1 GB DDR2/80 GB notebook HD/500 GB SATA II HD

Comment

Working...
          X