X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer laptop Atheros WiFi

Hello all,

writing this via the latest Kubuntu live CD, it's a beautiful thing when your chipset is recognised on boot and the config done through Kwifimanager works. Excellent, life is sweet, Now to see if the installer works and my WiFi is picked up on the hd install.

............backing up...........lol

Will

Re: Acer laptop Atheros WiFi

Hello all,

the desktop installer does not work for me. Gets really sluggish / unresponsive at the "maually edit the partitions" screen, will not cancel / next, installed twice and both sessions were still jammed at the above point. Lots of HD / CD activity at this time but 15 mins should be long enough to display the hd partitions. No damage done to my XP / Foresight dual boot using grub on the MBR. Writing again from the Live cd.

Will

Acer Aspire 3500
    60 gb / 256mg / dvd/cr-rw

Comment

I got the implication from the discussion of the bug that they had stopped the disasters, but they hadn't REALLY fixed espresso, yet. I think that if you want to install, you still need the install cd.

Comment

Txs for the info,

I did not know there was an "install" CD, other then the LiveCD with the option to install.

Will

Comment

Well,

got the install CD, all is good, updated about 100 packages via Synaptic and all is going well, impressed with this Beta2 so far. It's a beautiful thing when your WiFi chipset is picked up on install.

Will

Comment

Working...
          X