This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Flash drive - Install - failure

I have tried and tried and tried (yes, I've been down the instructions completely and over and over with the USB persistent information) to install Dapper to a Memorex USB flash drive.

I have been completely unsuccessful. I REALLY want to have this work. I have tried LILO and syslinux and several MBR utilitites (Fdisk really doesn't work... I guess as DOS has issues with USB). I have selected booting from removable media prior to harddrive.... I have no other ideas.

Any help??

Re: USB Flash drive - Install - failure

Originally posted by craesz
    I have tried and tried and tried (yes, I've been down the instructions completely and over and over with the USB persistent information) to install Dapper to a Memorex USB flash drive.

I have been completely unsuccessful. I REALLY want to have this work. I have tried LILO and syslinux and several MBR utilitites (Fdisk really doesn't work... I guess as DOS has issues with USB). I have selected booting from removable media prior to harddrive.... I have no other ideas.

Any help??

I have Kubuntu running fine from my USB external hard drive so tried to make a bootable USB Flash drive to run Linux and the only Linux I found that worked for me on my Acer Latop was Puppy. It worked great on a 256 MB Flash Drive and looks better than most other mini distributions. It is actually good enough to run as primary system on hard drive too if you wish. If you can get it to work, then you know your flash drive is capable of running linux and maybe yu can switch flavors if you still wish.

Comment

Working...
    X