This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing ,using windows program

I need some instruction on how to install an address book program and a Ham Radio program called "Echolink"-both are windows programs.

Re: Installing ,using windows program

That looks like an interesting program. You could try to install it under Wine. Wine should listed under adept or synaptic.

You should send the author a message and ask them about porting it to linux. You never know if you don't ask.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Thanks for reply, but I'm brand new to Linux,I don't know how to use Wine,A short outline might help. Van

Comment

Wine is a Windows emulator. You can install and run Windows based program under it. Not all programs will work. Check out www.winehq.com
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by vank66
          Thanks for reply, but I'm brand new to Linux,I don't know how to use Wine,A short outline might help. Van
          You can check crossover. It's a commercial program, but is quite easier to use than wine.

It's based on wine, so they usually work with the same apps.

You can download a demo from their site:

http://www.codeweavers.com

The only other option that you have is using some virtualization solution (VMWare, QEmu) or double boot. Both of them will need a full windows license.

Javier.

Comment

Working...
          X