This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solved!!!!~!!!no internet

as many of you know im reting to get my ati radeon video card working but right now i dont have internet to get me the files i need to get to fix my problem. when i installed dapper on my computer i saw that my wireless connection didnt install proboly because it told me so and i figurred it out it doesnt work because every time i try to dowload a file or an apt it says failed and stuff so it cant get it without internet, So any body with any ideas to get my wireless connection on to console mode. right now i dont have a screen but i can work in console mode as root. im not in destock im in console thanks!!!

cheers

mike

Re: no internet

Why are you not trying to install edgy eft instead, maybe it will have better support for your network card.

Cheers

Comment

i am my first install on edgy had it but i reinstalled and now it dosent..

Comment

Ok, so we will try to get it working in the old way
        So first, we need to know :
        - what network card you're using (command : lshw or lspci)
        - what is your network architecture ? (connecting to hub, modem to internet (so no network card), wifi config if wifi)
        - result of commands :
        - ifconfig -a
        - cat /etc/network/interfaces
        - cat /etc/iftab

Cheers

Comment

SOLVED!Re: no internet

i reinstalled edy fit and now it works but still have a problem with no screens found!!!

Comment

Working...
          X