This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Installer improvement...

It really drives me nuts that most Linux distro's do not ask if Linux or windows will be the default boot.

It could ( and should ) have Kubuntu as the default but it should allow selecting Windoze as the default.

I can deal with choosing at the grub menu, but the morons I share my computer with can't select windows.

Even if they select windows as the default boot at first, they can always change it after they fall in love with Linux

Re: Kubuntu Installer improvement...

If you take a look at your /boot/grub/menu.lst file, you'll see that you can change the default OS by changing the number in the line
    Code:
    default 0
    to something other than zero. Zero, of course, makes the first menu entry the default. "default 6" would make the seventh line of the menu, the default. Of course, you also have to comment out the line "hiddenmenu", and change the timeout command to something like 10 or 20 seconds (unless you have lightning reflexes) so that you have time to move the cursor to the Linux line after after making Windoze the default.

Comment

Working...
    X