X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Ubuntu Doesnt Work

Hi,

I have just installed Kubuntu, and have tried to install Easy Ubuntu, there is a lot of talk about this making setting up your pc easier. I downloaded this and installed it, after this i ran the tool and selected my settings.

After clicking ok, it just sat there and the screen doesn't refresh, I thought this tool was meant to be nice and easy to install all the extra's people want, but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else tried this tool and had problems or success with it, I would be interested to know what is needed to be done to get it to work.

Thanks,

Gavin,
    Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Re: Easy Ubuntu Doesnt Work

Hi,

It's really strange I used it and it was running very well, just flash was not installing well at this time.
    After I've launched :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    to see what was wrong.
    Did you launched easyubuntu from a konsole ? Was there any error ?

Cheers

Comment

I have the same problem? What's wrong?

Comment

Have you typed the commands over, to see what was wrong after ? Maybe you will see it easily like this...

Cheers

Comment

use automatix instead. www.getautomatix.com.
          I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Same problem with me too. I installed regular Ubuntu the other day and Easy Ubuntu worked great! But now I'm trying Kubuntu and it just hangs after trying to apply the updates of Easy Ubuntu. It says it's supposed to work with Kubuntu too but not so far...

Comment

Working...
            X