X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsupported network card during installation

Hej!

After running Kubuntu for some months on my laptop I want to install it on my desktop, too. The desktop is running an old SuSE version and I'm tired of having to remember different systems.

I'm using the installation, not the desktop CD. Problem is: that computer is equipped with an IBM LANStreamer Tokenring card which isn't recognized by the installation program. I can open a console and do a "modprobe lanstreamer" just fine (verified by lsmod) but ifconfig doesn't show the interface "tr0" afterwards and the installation program won't find it if I redo the "Detect network hardware". I wonder why "tr0" isn't there after loading, strange.

The same happens in Edgy Edge, will try a desktop CD later after download. What else can I try? I would like to keep the hardware on that computer the way it is to keep OS/2 happy.

Any hints?
    Vitus

Re: Unsupported network card during installation

Update: tried the desktop (Edgy Eft), same effect: no autodetect of lanstreamer and no tr0 interface after loading it manually.

Additionally it didn't detect the SCSI controller and did hang after selecting the language version to install on the desktop. But this is another story.

So, no token ring in Kubuntu?

Comment

Working...
    X