This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble starting Kubuntu 6.06.1 Dapper i386 CD

So, I downloaded the Kubuntu install CD (I want Kubuntu back! I miss it!). I checked the checksum and it matched. I burned the ISO. Now, when I boot with the disk in, I get to the main menu. When I choose "Start or Install Kubuntu", however, the problems begin. After loading two things while still on the main menu (I forget their names), then it goes to the next screen. It has a message something like "Uncompressing the Linux Kernel" and, from there, nothing happens. No matter how long I wait, nothing happens. (I'm installing the regular, 32-bit Kubuntu, by the way)

Specs:
    2.0 GHz AMD Athlon64 3200+
    1024 megabytes of RAM
    160 gigabyte harddrive
    EVGA nVidia Geforce 6800

Re: Trouble starting Kubuntu 6.06.1 Dapper i386 CD

Hi,

Maybe you got a bad image... You should try to download the same cd from another source, or download the alternate cd. To install it's the best way, if you don't mind not to have a graphical interface... It's almost the same installer but more stable.

Cheers

Comment

It's not my disk - I have tried it with two different disks, both of which passed checksum, and both do the same thing. I believe that this is my problem: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu....15/+bug/38263

His specs are pretty similar to mine and the description is the exact same. However, the only fix listed there is to use Edgy instead of Dapper, so I guess that's what I will have to do. I am downloading it now.

Comment

Good idea, I just hope that you have patience in case of trouble, it should be solved when edgy will be out...

Have fun

Comment

Working...
        X