X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu to Kubuntu

Hello
    I installed Ubuntu 6.06 from install Cd and decide i didn't like gnome. So i apt-get install kubuntu-desktop. Like it much better. But in my launch menu now i see listings of apps from ubuntu in there with no icons. Should I just remove them with menu editor or delete them through add/move or Synaptic ? Or does it matter i don't think I will go back to Ubuntu.
    Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Re: Ubuntu to Kubuntu

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purekde will help you get rid of Gnome if you're absolutely sure you don't want it.
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Hi aysiu

Thank you for your reply and input
      I don't know if I want to go that far. I just trying to figure out the best and safest way to clean up my launch menu.
      Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu
        http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/purekde will help you get rid of Gnome if you're absolutely sure you don't want it.
        Unfortunately, when I followed that guide, the script tried to uninstall all of my KDE packages too. 

Comment

Hi Sirin

That was what I was afraid of and didn't try it. All I wanted was to cleanup the launch menu. I saw another post about making a folder in the launch menu and moving all gnome apps in there that way I won't lose anything and if I need something I can find it.

Thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
          X