This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual boot partition troubles.

Okay, so I had successfully installed dapper drake a while ago and almost everything was running fine. I was having some trouble with my iPod so I decided to see if things worked out with the same iPod from Windows. I installed windows on a new partition that I created using Gparted.
    So, that's done and now I'm in windows fine but I can't figure out how to boot back to my Linux partition. I read about how to activate partitions from Windows but the Windows disk manager won't let me activate my Linux partition. I figure I may need third party software for this part but I wanted to see if anyone here knew first.
    My linux partition is 100% fine. I installed some software in Windows to view data on the Linux partition and I can see that all of my data is still there.
    I really wish I had made this post a long time ago as I've been away from Linux for almost three weeks now and it's bugging me.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

Re: Dual boot partition troubles.

You should be able to restore grub using the live CD.

There's some good information on how it's done on the Ubuntu forums.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=224351
    :: antoher ubuntu blog :: get linux    ::    ubuntu documentation project ::

Comment

Thank you. I will read over that and as soon as I can try that out I'll let you know if those instructions worked for me.

Comment

In my experience , I find it useful to use a separate boot loader.

My favourite is xosl .

Try it once.

Comment

Working...
        X