This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem With Kubuntu 6.06 LTS LiveCD Installation

I want to install Kubuntu on my computer but when I click on the Install icon and follow the steps it gets stuck at step five saying choose a hard drive and it sits there loading for about and hour. Is it because it doesn't recognize my hard drive?

Re: Problem With Kubuntu 6.06 LTS LiveCD Installation

Do you have the 6.06. or the 6.06.1 CD? If you downloaded it these days it is most likely the 6.06.1. If you  have the older 6.06 you should get the newer version as it has lots of bugfixes.

Otherwise you could still try and download the Alternative CD, which is not a LiveCD and doesn't have such a fancy installer. But in the end it does the same job and causes less trouble. The partitioner tool on the LiveCD is known to often cause problems.

Comment

I ordered a copy of the Kubuntu PC version 6.06 LTS CD from Ubuntu shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by oreo
        I ordered a copy of the Kubuntu PC version 6.06 LTS CD from Ubuntu shipping.
        Order another CD.
        <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Order another CD.
          so u mean order another 6.06 LTS or do they have the 6.06.1

Comment

hmm. Difficult to say. Here it says they should start shipping the 6.06.1 sometime in September:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=233444

Comment

Working...
            X