This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP !!!! 6.06 ISSUES

3 Weeks ago  I updated from 5.10 to 6.06 dapper drake. All went well until recently. I have a duel boot setup as I am trying to learn Linux.
    I am running an Win XP home/Kubuntu/kde 6.06.

My issues is this. I have a PS2 keyboard that does not work in the HP splash screen nor does it work in the Grub boot menu. Once I get to the point where I get my Kubuntu user name and password screen my ps2 keyboard works. This is not a hardware issue. I checked all the connections and I am typeing "now" with my ps2 keyboard. Something else is the issue.

My first step to fix the problem was to use the Synaptic Manager to try to re-install Grub. That did not work. I am now looking for some advise on how to fix the issue?

9-20-2006
    Lastnight after I wrote this post I did an update to 6.15 and now upon bootup all I see is a black screen and a command prompt with wired  symbols. My keyboard will not work at all. I tried to pop in my System Commander CD and I got Vcom boot menu screen but the only keys that would work on my Keybaord was the Page up and down arrow keys.  I need some help.  I like linux and I want to contenue learning but this is so frustrating!

Re: HELP !!!! 6.06 ISSUES

Does the keyboard work in windows?

Since you can't get the keyboard to work for the splash screen, I would look at the bios. Try a different PS2 keyboard. Then try a USB keyboard. I know you probably don't have those around but it's worth the effort if you can remove them as a problem.

Comment

Re: HELP !!!! 6.06 ISSUES

I have tried useing a usb Keybaord. Now In order to boot I have to have a win 2000 cd in the CD_rom drive to get Grub to even load. Once it does I am still stuck with the issue of my keybaord not working in Grub!

I think I need to either replace Grub with an older version or install LILO.
      If I knew where the issue was in Grub I would edit it but I have no idea what to look for as a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X