This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new boot problem...SOLVED

Well, everything is fine until I try to login.

X session error: unable to write to /tmp. xsession may exit with error.

I am then thrown back to the login screen where I have to use failsafe mode. I get same error but at least I get a shell prompt but not before it lets me know that the dcopserver is not running.
    There was a problem setting up inter-process communications for KDE. the message returned was unable to read network connection list ... make sure dcoperver is running. I have searched the forums but no solutions.
    Help

charlie
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Re: new boot problem

Same problem as this one?

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...26.0;topicseen

Comment

Re: new boot problem

No, Not the same. tried the fix and still have the problem. Some more info though. I can boot to recovery mode and startx works. Problem is it doesn't work for users, only root. I can login charlie from the root prompt but if i do charlie$ startx I get:
      /usr/bin/startx: line 132 cannot create temp file for here document: no space left on device.
      /usr/bin/startx: line 144 cannot create temp file for here document: no space left on device.
      /usr/bin/startx: line 144 cannot create temp file for here document: no space left on device.
      user not authorized to start the X server, aborting
      xinit: server error
      Charlie

I found that my / partition was full 100%. So I did apt-get clean and now all is good.
      I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
      X