This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to know the login password Kubuntu uses during the live CD install

I've never had any problems installing Dapper on my laptop, but trying to install it on my desktop PC is becoming a big problem.

The thing is, my Sony flatscreen monitor is never properly detected by the live CD... so I'm stuck at 640x480 resolution, which makes it impossible to deal with the installer screens, because it means that usually the next and cancel buttons are hanging off the bottom of the screen.

I was able to go into the control panel and choose the right monitor, choose a better resolution, and restart x -- and lo and behold, x restarted at the right resolution -- but then I'm sent to the login screen... and I have NO IDEA what the login is. Nothing I've thought of so far has worked.

So... what is the default login and password for the live CD part of the Dapper install?
    Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 08, 2019, 12:35 PM.

Re I need to know the login password Kubuntu uses during the live CD install

Answer: none

Just press enter after you've typed the user name "ubuntu". The Live CD has a blank user password.
    Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 08, 2019, 12:36 PM.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re I need to know the login password Kubuntu uses during the live CD install

d'oh!

Ubuntu was the one user name I *didn't* try.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 08, 2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X