X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard will not work in Grub

HELP!!!
    My keyboard will not work in Grub! Once I get to the Kubuntu splash screen I can use my Keyboard. I think my Grub file needs to be replaced or edited. How do edit "Grub" I am trying to Learn Linux so I can get rid of Windows XP and not have to dual Boot my system.
    Please Help

I have been researching this problem and I am starting to see a-lot of posts with people having issues with "Grub" Was there an official post about this issue from the Developers ?

Re: Keyboard will not work in Grub

I looked at Malone, the Ubuntu bug tracking system. There have been a plethora of reports of bugs of one kind or another in Grub. After all, everybody uses Grub every time they boot up. However, there has only been one, unconfirmed, report of Grub not responding to a usb keyboard. If you have a usb keyboard, you might try to confirm that report. You'll find it here. If you have a PS/2 keyboard you'll have to start a new bug if you're really sure that it's a bug in (K)Ubuntu and not a problem in your system.

Comment

Re: Keyboard will not work in Grub

No it's not a Hardware problem. My PS/2 keayboard works once I am into the OS. I can use office 2.0 the internet ect. GRUB is the issue. I am going to install LILO and see what happens

Comment

Working...
      X