This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious problems after upgrading from breezy to dapper

i was previously using kubuntu breezy badger, then i did all the steps needed to upgrade to dapper drake over the net. however i got the following problems:

1) kubuntu startup freezes right after the part where it "reads the local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local).
    ==>it was complaining something about /sbin/ifrename: No such file or directory. so as a wild guess i mkdir-ed ifrename in /sbin. surprisingly this "solved" the problem. now i don't now if what i did was right or if it was just a coincidence... need advice.

2) gaim crashes. it appears with black background especially at the borders so texts there couldn't be read. after signing in, when i do something else, gaim crashes.

3) gtkwave (a waveform viewer) also crashes. same symptoms as gaim (black background).

4) changing my settings, especially appearance and desktop, in kcontrol changes the values in kcontrol but doesn't do actual changes in the windows, desktop, themes, panel, etc. it's like my previous settings in breezy couldn't be tweaked...

i know i gave u a lot of problems but i really don't know what to do about this. hope you guys could help. thanks in advance!
Working...
X