• Time
  • Show
Clear All

skip on booting

Hello
    I want just to know how to skip a step on booting kubuntu
    Thanks

Re: skip on booting

If you go into System Settings, you'll see either Services or System Services. From there you should be able to control what services startup when you're booting--but be careful.

What are you trying to skip?
    :: antoher ubuntu blog :: get linux    ::    ubuntu documentation project ::

Comment

I want to skip "checking all filesystem"

I have kubuntu and winXP
      and since I've installed Open Suse with, I can't boot on kubuntu (Open suse use ReiserFS)

When booting is on "cheking all filesystem", I have an error and kubuntu demand me to enter a command line to repair the problem

Comment

Does any one have the solution for my problem...

Comment

Originally posted by the_moon
          When booting is on "cheking all filesystem", I have an error and kubuntu demand me to enter a command line to repair the problem
          You might actually have a problem that needs to be fixed with fdisk.

Another possibility is that when you installed OpenSuse you edited your partition setup so that kubuntu doesn't have up-to date information of your partitions/filesystems anymore.

Of course you can try to boot without checking some or all of the filesystems.

Can you get to your kubuntu root partition from Suse or with a LiveCD?

If you can, you can edit the /etc/fstab file to disable checking on filesystems that are giving you problems. Change the final number on each line (1 or 2) to 0 on all partitions/filesystems you wish to disable boot-time checking

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
            Originally posted by the_moon
            You might actually have a problem that needs to be fixed with fdisk.

Another possibility is that when you installed OpenSuse you edited your partition setup so that kubuntu doesn't have up-to date information of your partitions/filesystems anymore.

Of course you can try to boot without checking some or all of the filesystems.

Can you get to your kubuntu root partition from Suse or with a LiveCD?

If you can, you can edit the /etc/fstab file to disable checking on filesystems that are giving you problems. Change the final number on each line (1 or 2) to 0 on all partitions/filesystems you wish to disable boot-time checking
            Thanks a lot, I've edited it and I booted without problems!

Comment

Working...
            X