This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full installation. How?

Hi. I've simple question, but nobody asked this before (and answer too). Google also doesn't know.
    Question: how can i install system with all packages which distributed on disk? (Kb 6.06 LTS x86 dvd)
    Why installer did not offer different install modes? (simple, full, etc)
    Why does in text mode it install more software than in graphic mode? (i mean that adept has some soft archives in /var directory after install)
    Thank you, in advance.

Re: Full installation. How?

My installation CD does not offer me any choice about what to install. I haven't seen every other installation CD, but I suspect they are all that way. Kubuntu works best with a broadband connection. Use the CD to put in a base system, then any of the package managers (Adept, Synaptic, et. al.) to add additional software.

Not sure why the packages are kept in /var/cache/apt/archives, but I suggest when you download libexine-extracodecs.deb and libdvdcss2.deb that you grab those and move them somewhere for safekeeping. Those are your multimedia libraries. Having them onhand relieves you of the worry of having to remember how to get them. I find it much faster.

HTH

Comment

Re: Full installation. How?

No, i've downloaded DVD-version. In /pool/main/ directory it contains much more soft than it install on hdd. So i need to install all of this like in knoppix, slackware or suse. If its impossible so ... will try Fedora.
      In any way, thank for usefull advice.

Comment

Working...
      X