X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Wizard .....Problem

I am running Kubuntu with KDE 3.5.4

Every time I restart or reboot the computer the desktop wizard pops up no matter if I go through setup routine each time or just skip it.

HELP !!!!
    [img width=400 height=96]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6727/newav1no9.jpg[/img] <br />The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; [i]Bill Watterson

Re: Desktop Wizard .....Problem

EDIT:
    After some discussions with more knowledgeable people (meaning developers), I have come to realize that my "hack" for this problem might be potentially dangerous. They suggested another solution that would only affect a particular user. So you have to do this for each and every user that you have.

In the meantime, a patch to fix this problem has been made and is waiting for approval.

So the solution is to go to ~/.kde/share/config and look for a file called "kpersonalizerrc" or create it if it doesn't exist yet. In that file, add these lines:

[General]
    FirstLogin=false
    That should work. My apologies for giving a potentially harmful "hack".

For those who followed the earlier "hack" of mine, please reverse what was done.

1. In /usr/bin/ look for 'startkde', right-click and select Actions > Edit as Root.
    2. Look for this line
    kpersonalizerrc General FirstLogin true
    and uncomment it (remove the '#' at the beginning).
    3. Save
    Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Thanks.

Have made change however have not restarted as some processes are still running. Once done will restart and see if it works. Appreciate u taking time.
      [img width=400 height=96]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6727/newav1no9.jpg[/img] <br />The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; [i]Bill Watterson

Comment

Made some changes to my previous post...
        Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Working...
        X