This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 3.5.3 reboot issue

I just upgraded to KDE 3.5.3, and now my laptop (PowerPro C 3:16) doesn't completely reboot. It will shut the monitor off, then goes bakc up to a blank screen - just like the shutdown sequence, which works fine. However, when I choose to reboot it simply remains at this blank screen - I've left it for at least 15 minutes in the past - it seemed that if anything was going to resolve itself in this time period it would, and in any case this isn't really acceptable. Has anyone run into this? Should I try to downgrade to KDE 3.5.2?

Thanks
    Sam

Re: KDE 3.5.3 reboot issue

or you could try this and upgrade to KDE354 ...
    deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/kde-354/ dapper main

Comment

is this safe to do? i just added this to souces.list then ran adept, it says it want to remove kdelibs-bin will it break KDE?

Comment

Originally posted by pross
        is this safe to do? i just added this to souces.list then ran adept, it says it want to remove kdelibs-bin will it break KDE?
        Yeah, KDE will break. I tried the upgrade and suffice it to say, it is best to hold out until 3.5.4 is officially released.
        Ubuntu 11.04, Kubuntu 11.04, and another TBD

Comment

i am using 354 at the moment no major problems so far ...

Comment

I've noticed it does it sometimes on shutdown as well... although it seems not to really happen when I use the console commands. Maybe 3.5.4 will make it all better...

~sam

Comment

Originally posted by pross
              I think 'kdelibs-bin' has been merged to 'kdelibs4c2a'...so it's safe to remove the kdelibs-bin package.

Of course there is the other issue if you use kubuntu-default-settings (which is bugged as mentioned in the announcement)

I don't have kubuntu-default-settings installed and 3.5.4 is working just fine (as far as I can tell) :P

Comment

Working...
              X