This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't even Install Kubuntu...

I'm trying to try and then install Kubuntu, from an original CD, and when it reaches an instance during boot when I see a legend saying something (don't remember exactly) about Setting up Enterprise Volume Managment, it hangs and I have to reboot the machine.
    Any idea?

Re: Can't even Install Kubuntu...

I'm assuming you are trying the live CD - and can't get it to run - is that right? Could you give us some detals of your computer (hard disk size/memory etc)

Comment

I' running an AMD Sempron 2300 with 1Gb RAM. Motherboard is PCChips M925G.
      Two HD (80 and 120 Gb), DVD-RW and CD-RW.
      Thanks for replying!

Comment

Your computer looks fine - tell us about the install process you are using - are you keeping windows on one disk and putting kubuntu on the other, or ar you partitioning one of the disks? Are you using the Alternative install CD or not? Will Kubuntu boot as a live CD?

Comment

I'm trying first to run de Live CD. It starts the boot-up process, every item gets the Ok on the right of the screen, and when it reaches "Setting up Enterprise Volume Management..." it hangs.
          I tried first downloading the CD, thought it might be a deffective download, tried again with same results, then asked for the original CD, when I got it tried again but I get the same error.

Comment

This has been reported before on these boards but I'm not aware of a solution. Are you saying that you have the original CD (for dapper drake) from Shipit and its giving you this error? Is it the 64 bit or the 32 bit?

Comment

Yep, I have the original CD, got it on the mailbox last week, and I'm getting the same error I got from the downloaded file.
              Thanks anyway, it seems I'm out of luck with kubuntu...

Comment

Sorry - the only suggestion I have now is to try the alternate installer CD

Comment

Working...
                X