This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu from Ubuntu

Im still pretty new to this stuff so please bear with me...

I just upgraded Ubuntu to Kubuntu and need some help in making a script to keep the GNOME stuff seperate from the KDE stuff.

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/01/...e-menus-clean/

I have no idea how to do this and it would help so much if someone could guide me through it plz.

Re: Kubuntu from Ubuntu

If you already installed kubuntu-desktop, then I think it's too late to use that script, because it requires you to follow the steps before and after installing kubuntu-desktop.

Anyway, I personally don't like to actually remove the GNOME apps from the K Menu. The side effect of such a script is that you can no longer see those apps in KDE so you have no way of launching them unless you know their command line names (like gnome-terminal or gedit, etc.). And sometimes, you might want to use/try GNOME apps even in KDE or vice-versa. So what I just did was to open up the KDE Menu Editor (click on the K Menu, right-click anywhere and choose to Edit this Item), and move all GNOME apps (or at least those apps that I won't be using in KDE) into just one folder. That way, I have a separate folder for those apps and I can still access them easily if and when I want to.

Doing it the other way around (hiding KDE apps in Ubuntu) is much easier using Alacarte. Just uncheck the ones that you don't want to be seen. This is one of the features of Alacarte that I'm particularly jealous of.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
    X