• Show
Clear All

Modify the display setup ?

Hi,

I upgraded my breezy to dapper by changing all breezy occurrences with
    dapper in my sources.list, then apt-get update and upgrade, I had
    several problems but after rebooting with the rescue option in grub I
    succeed to upgrade...

Other problem with the I810 driver the display configuration doesn't work, I tried to modify on my laptop "Display controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)" 16:9 it back me in 800/600 default and my second screen is unable to configure.

I have to configure it in 1280x1024 to got the 1280x800 (16:9) to got my right display, but when I quit the session the login panel is in 1280x1024 !?

If I try to automatic detect I got "Plug'n'Play Horiz: 28.0-33.0 Vertic: 43-72 I'm back in 640x480

Last thing I'm in french language.

Sam.

Re: Modify the display setup ?

Hi,

Did you made changes in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to fit all your changes ? If not, I think it would be a good idea to backup this file and then modify it to get the resolutions you want, no ?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sky
      Hi,

Did you made changes in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to fit all your changes ? If not, I think it would be a good idea to backup this file and then modify it to get the resolutions you want, no ?

Cheers
      Yes I do it with "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-org" and keep only the 1280x800 but I think that the display setup in the System Configuration doesn't work very well.

Sam.

Comment

Maybe you should change it manually to remove all other possible configuration, don't forget to make a backup first...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X